Code of Conduct & Ethics
Master Home Builder Rules of Conduct
Master Home Builders will:
- Have proper regard for the safety and welfare of all persons on their worksites.
- Have proper regard for the physical and natural environment affected by their work.
- Undertake to comply with all municipal, provincial and national building codes and standards applicable to their work place and work environment.
- Have proper regard for the interests of the consumer and act fairly in interactions with all parties.
- Undertake only work that they feel competent and qualified to perform by virtue of their training and experience.
- Only give advice on matters that they have adequate knowledge and a thorough understanding of the situation.
- Only submit to municipal or provincial authorities, applications that have been prepared by themselves or under their direct supervision.
- Not use plans, specifications or designs of other builders unless written permission from that builder has been obtained.
- Not use any unethical practices for the purposes of securing sales, assignments or various permits.
- Only provide information to industry associations, financial institutions or mortgage insurance companies that are accurate, to the best of their knowledge.
- Present their qualifications to the public and the industry and to do so without exaggeration.
- Conduct themselves with others in fairness and in good faith.
- Maintain membership in good standing with both The Alberta New Home Warranty Program and an Alberta Home Builders' Association.
Code of Ethics for PHBI Master Home Builders
Build their knowledge of home building techniques and remain active in continuing their education.
Dedicate themselves to enhancing the consumers' understanding of the Alberta Home Building Industry and ensure their professional knowledge will benefit the home consumer.
Demonstrate at all times, to associates and those in training, a caring spirit of understanding and professionalism.
Select staff that are qualified, ethical, and professional and support their continued personal growth and industry education.
Support the use of this Code of Ethics to guide their conduct, while at all times recognizing that by following the Code of Ethics they enhance the dignity and status of the Alberta Home Building Industry.