Master Home Builder
(one of the industry’s most sought-after certifications)
Are you seeking an authentic point of differentiation and clear competitive edge for your company?
This PHBI-licenced designation makes a powerful statement about your company’s commitments to professionalism, performance and exceptional customer service.
To increase your company’s value and elevate its reputation in Alberta’s competitive new home marketplace, apply for the Master Home Builder Certification. The Master Home Builder Certification is available to individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Employed by a home building company that is a member of The Alberta New Home Warranty Program anda local home building association, and
- Has been employed in a senior decision-making role for a minimum of 5 years, and
- Has completed the required courses and elective courses noted below (equivalent to the Residential Management Certification)
This coveted certification allows you to advertise your business as a PHBI-accredited Master Home Builder. In fact, many companies formally change their corporate names to include the powerful and prestigious "Master Builder" appellation.
- Building Codes
- Business & Management Fundamentals (previously Business Planning & Management)
- Communication & Negotiation
- Customer Service Professional
- Finance & Accounting
- Law Fundamentals for the Home Building Industry
- Moisture Control Technician Certificate (offered through SAIT)
- New Home Marketing
PLUS five elective courses from PHBI's entire slate of courses, with the exception of Construction Performance Guidelines which is only 3 hours in length (maximum of two sales courses). Business Ethics in Home Building course is a recommended elective.
Recommended order to complete courses
Courses can be taken in any order. For those new to the construction process, it is highly recommended that they take RCSM 1 or Construction Fundamentals as one of their elective courses and that they complete this prior to taking Building Codes or Estimating.