Professional Site Manager
(the Site Supervisor's foundation for success)
Are you ready to elevate your skills, expand your career opportunities and enlarge your value as a site supervisor, site assistant or home construction worker?
Do you have your sights set on a management position in the home construction industry?
Are you a tradesperson eager to improve your knowledge of the home building business or simply to stay on top of new home construction's ever-changing demands?
The Professional Site Manager certification will prepare you to excel in the home building business.
To earn this certification, you must successfully complete eight courses, each designed to equip you with knowledge and skills site supervisors use on the job every day.
- Building Codes
- Construction Fundamentals (RCSM level 1)
- Customer Service Professional
- Home Building on Alberta Soils
- Moisture Control Technician Certificate (offered through SAIT)
- Plans, Specifications & Drawings
- Problem Solving in Home Building
- Project Management & Supervision Fundamentals
Recommended order to complete courses:
It is recommended that participant's take RCSM Level 1 or Construction Fundamentals first and Problem Solving in Home Building as the last construction course. The remaining courses can be taken in any order.
Individuals who complete the Professional Site Manager Certification can take additional courses through the Residential Construction Site Manager (RCSM) program. Beyond dramatically expanding your knowledge, RCSM is the pathway to Canada's first and only Occupational Designation for our industry.
- Any individuals who feel that they already have sufficient knowledge in a course area, have the option to challenge the exams. Please reference to PHBI's Policies and Procedures for more information https://www.phbi.ca/article/policies-and-procedures-1363.asp.
- Those persons that completed courses prior to 2000 need to contact PHBI to discuss course equivalencies.
- All courses can be applied to the PHBI Master Home Builder or Renovator Certifications.