Education Advisory Committee
Essential industry insight and oversight sets us apart
We're committed to ensuring our training leads and supports the residential construction industry, consistently delivering on our commitment to student success. In order to realize this mandate, our Education Advisory Committee – an external
group of respected business, industry, labour and civic leaders – provides guidance that ensures our programs, courses and certifications are current and relevant to industry. The Committee works to forge closer cooperation between industry and education
by continually improving the professional-technical preparation of our students.
Responsibilities of the Education Advisory Committee include:
- Quality assurance evaluation of existing curriculum
- Review of learning outcomes for all courses and certifications
- Consultation on competitive, economic and human resource trends in industry
- Application of influence and authority to assist PHBI in achieving its outcomes
- Communication of our education objectives to external organizations
- Assistance with resolving issues and risks
- Support for other relevant initiatives and stakeholder interests, as needed
The guidance of our Education Advisory Committee positively impacts the future success of our students, ensuring our learners are well-prepared to begin their careers and contribute to the vitality of Canada’s residential construction industry.