Join our team
Instructors enhance the learning experience by bringing their industry expertise and experiences to the classroom.
The instructor's role is to professionally manage the learning process of the students and to ensure that students learn established course objectives. The instructor is to make use of any and all available resources, methods, techniques and strategies, to ensure student success. Courses are offered in either an online format and/or classroom environment. Opportunities for course development and revisions may also be available.
- Facilitating scheduled classroom courses and/or customized workshops.
- Prepare and present lessons, lectures, classroom discussions, assignments, quizzes and grade exams.
- Manage the classroom to ensure a positive and professional learning environment.
- Review and update existing course materials and exams to match learning outcomes, including developing new course materials as required.
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors.
- Participate in curriculum/program reviews.
- Monitor and report on industry trends.
- Willingness to travel for classroom facilitation.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a clean and current criminal record check prior to the first day of employment.
- Diploma or degree in a related field and at least 10 years of related industry experience. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience in construction supervision, site operations, as well as management of labour, construction material and equipment.
- Comfortable using technology. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-discipline training development team.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving and time management skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous instructional experience.
- Alberta (Calgary/Edmonton)
How to apply
Apply today by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Application: Instructor"