Subject Matter Expert (contract)
Join our team
Subject matter experts (SME’s) are experts in their fields, backed by many years experience working on site, selling or marketing homes, operating home building companies or working in other industry-related professions.
SME’s are an important part of our team. A SME has proficiency in the subject material and guides other professionals on the project to ensure course content is accurate and relevant. SME’s are responsible for creating and/or updating assigned course content, materials and exams to ensure they are technically sound and applicable to the industry. Courses are offered in either an online format and/or classroom environment. Opportunities for classroom instruction may also be available.
- Review and update existing course materials and exams to match learning outcomes and industry best practices, including developing new course materials as required.
- Developing and recommending new/revised content that meets and exceeds current standards, within established timelines.
- Reviewing and revising existing content to make sure we build curriculum that is of the highest quality.
- Collaborating with instructional designers and graphic designers to bring your work to life.
- Monitor and report on industry trends.
- Provide regular status updates to the Project Manager, including progress made and any obstacles encountered that may affect project deadlines.
- Participate in curriculum/program reviews.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
- Diploma or degree in a related field and at least 10 years of related industry experience. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Expert knowledge in the residential construction industry.
- An exceptional communicator that conveys information clearly in written form.
- Experience developing online course materials for adult learners would be an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-discipline training development team.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving and time management skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Alberta (Calgary/Edmonton)
- British Columbia
- Saskatchewan (Regina/Saskatoon)
How to apply
Apply today by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Application: Subject Matter Expert".