Exams for online coursesIf you're registered in an online course, you'll be required complete the entire course before taking the final exam.
To access your final exam, you must complete:
- Each online module, including assessments and quizzes.
All courses have a minimum passing grade of 70%.
are maximum of two hours in duration.
All PHBI courses are closed book. Please note, you are required to bring the Building Codes book for the Building Codes course and exam.
If a student does not successfully complete the final exam for a PHBI course, they have a maximum of two (2) additional exam rewrites.
There is an administration fee of $50 + tax, per rewrite, which must be paid in advance. In addition, a third-party proctor may charge a fee for their service; this is not included in your PHBI course fee or administration fee. Exam rewrites are not available for challenge exams.
Rescheduling an exam
If an online exam proctored through ProctorU must be rescheduled, any fee that ProctorU may charge will apply.
If an in-person exam must be rescheduled with less than five business days notice, a $50 + tax fee will apply. No fee will be charged to reschedule an exam when at least five business days advance notice has been provided.
Exam challenge or proficiency test
Students who feel they have proficiency in a given subject may choose to challenge PHBI's exam.
Students will not be provided access to course materials to prepare for the challenge exam. Exam challenge participants will only be given one opportunity to pass a challenge exam with a minimum passing grade of 70% or greater.
Exam challenge rewrites are not permitted.
If you're registered in an online course, it is mandatory you complete the entire course before taking the final exam. If you don't complete the entire course, your exam cannot be accessed, even if you've scheduled the exam with a third-party proctor.
How to get started
Windows or Apple iOS operating system
Government-issued identification (driver's license or passport)
How to schedule your ProctorU final exam
Your final exam will be locked until you complete your online course. Once you have completed your course, you can schedule a date and time with ProctorU to take your exam.
1. Access your course through our myPHBI learning management system.
2. From the 'Resource' tab, click the 'Open' button to schedule your online ProctorU final exam.
3. Click 'Sign in and accept with existing user account'. You must have your ProctorU account already signed up using the instructions outlined above.
4. Enter your credentials to sign in.
5. Click on 'Accept invitation and schedule exam now'.
6. In the Schedule Session page, select a date and time for your exam.
- Click on the desired date in the calendar
- Click on ‘Find Available Times’
- Select the desired time from the available list (up to 2 hours notice is required)
7. Click on 'Schedule' to confirm.
8. Click on 'Proceed to Cart'. The cost of the exam is $30 USD (price subject to change without notice).
9. Click on 'Proceed to Payment'.
10. Enter your credentials and click on 'Process Charge'. A reservation confirmation and receipt will be emailed to you.
If you have any questions or encounter difficulties, contact ProctorU at 1.855.772.8678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to take your ProctorU final exam
1. Login to your ProctorU account. Make sure you are also logged into your myPHBI student account.
2. Click 'Start Session'.
3. Follow the proctor instructions.